Ladakh My Trip – Tailor Made Tour Expert in India
Ladakh My Trip, a Ladakh - was founded in 2013 dedicated to provide inbound travel services and hospitality. Years of experience added with creative tour packages and thousands of satisfied clients have made us one of the leading tour companies in India. Our philosophy stems from an old adage – leaving no stone unturned – which makes us reputable in Indian tour and travel circles. We at Ladakh My Trip relentlessly strive to provide value based services to our customers.
Ladakh My Trip is accredited with:
- Ministry of J&K Tourism Govt. of India
- ALTOA ( All Ladakh Tour Operators Association)
Our mission is to make every tourist to India explore the Indian vicinities to the core. Our highly customizable tour packages help our travelers reach every nook and corner genuinely. We have always kept our motto "Our customer's satisfaction is our top most priority. " Ladakh My Trip believes in "better travel, better living" strategy, resulting in safe and hassle free travel to India.
Range of Activity Ladakh My Trip offers J&K tours. The range of activity stretches from Mumbai, Maharashtra, Kolkata,Haryana,Gujarat,Arunachal Pradesh and more. Travelers from every nook and corner of the India enjoy our services making us lead in the touring circles of India.
Ladakh My Trip Services
- Highly customizable tour packages
- Hotel & Rent a Car Facility
- International / Domestic Ticketing
- Travel Insurance and Travel Guides
- Visa Application Assistance
Ladakh My Trip Motto: "Customer satisfaction is our top priority" We take care at every step:
- Best services with excellent tour arrangements
- Courteous staff with high hospitality standards
- Quick response to our clients' needs & last minute changes
- Full day 24 * 7 assistance available
The working environment at Ladakh My Trip is marked with creativity. We allow our employees to cultivate out of the box thinking enabling them deal with situations in a better way. We at Ladakh My Trip offers creative and highly customizable India tour packages catering to every kind of need of the traveler.
The winter temperature touches as low as minus 30 degree Celsius (Leh & Kargil) and minus 60 degree Celsius in (Drass). Subzero temp. prevails from December to February throughout Ladakh, whereas, zero degree temp. is experienced during rest of the winter months. This results in freezing of all conceivable water resources. During summers the maximum temp. increases from 20 degree C to 38 degree C in July and August.
Light/Medium woolens in summers to Heavy woolens in winters.
Credit Cards & ATM Machine
Credit cards are accepted by few of the hotels and shops at Leh only, but there will be a nominal service charge. There are five banks that operate in Leh which are, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Punjab National Bank and all of them have an ATM Machine each in Leh.
Ladakh - The Land of High Passes
Area: 98,000sq km
Altitude: 7,500m Max.
Religion: Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism
Geographical Status: Cold Mountain Desert
Leh is the headquarter of Ladakh District, and the largest town of the region. It is located to the north of the Indus River at an elevation of 3600m above the sea level. The town is marked by the nine-storied Namgyal Palace and Namgyal Tsemo (victory peak), built by Tashi Namgyal on his victorious in reunification of the Upper and Lower Ladakh. Leh became the capital of Stod (upper Ladakh) during the reign of king Graspa Bum- Lde, who ruled Ladakh from 1400 to 1430 AD. In the later period, Leh became an important center for trade in Central Asia. Leh remained merely a headquarter of Ladakh district until 1974, when Ladakh was opened for foreign tourists. Since then Leh became the centre, for tourism related activities in the region.
How to Reach
Srinagar to Leh
- The overland approach to Ladakh from Kashmir Valley via Kargil is approx. 434 Km, which remains open for traffic from early June to November. The most dramatic part of this road journey is the ascent up the 11,500 feet / 3,505 m high Zoji-La, the pass in the Great Himalayan Wall that serves as the gateway to Ladakh. The J & K State Road Transport Corporation (J&K SRTC) operates regular Deluxe and Ordinary bus services between Srinagar and Leh on this route with an overnight halt at Kargil. Taxis are also available at Srinagar for the journey. Groups can charter Deluxe and A-class buses for Leh, Kargil or Padum (Zangskar) from the J & K SRTC at Srinagar.
Manali to Leh
- Since 1989, the 473 km. Manali-Leh road has been serving as the second overland approach to Ladakh. Open for traffic from around mid-June to early October. This high road traverses the upland desert plateau of Rupsho, altitude ranges from 3,660m to 4,570m. A number of high passes are crossed before reaching Leh, among which the highest one known as TaklangLa is the world's second highest motorable pass at an altitude of 17,469 ft/5,235m. Shared taxis are also available both from Leh and Manali.
The drive from Manali leads you to the most historical pass of Himachal Pradesh, the Rohtang Pass(3980 m). The landscape surprisingly changes into the rugged brown of the rain shadow area of Lahaul. The landscape changes into naked desert after crossing a few villages of Lahul with prayer flags on their roofs. Your journey finishes at Leh making it a drive of lifetime's experience.
Srinagar-Leh 434 Km
Manali-Leh 473 Km
Srinagar-Kargil 204 Km
Delhi-Leh 1047 Kms
Leh-Kargil 234 Km
Kargil-Padum (Zanskar) 240 Km
Leh-Deskit (Nubra Valley)118 Kms.
Air India www. airindia. in/ operates regular flights to Leh from Delhi and four times a week from Jammu and thrice a week from Srinagar. Jet Airways www. jetairways. com operates regular flights to Leh from Delhi and five times a week from Chandigarh and Jammu and four times a week from Srinagar. Go Air www. goair. in/ operates regular flights to Leh from Delhi.
Ladakhi is the main language of Ladakh. Other languages spoken are Balti, Shina, Brokshat and Changshat. In hotels and restaurants, staffs speak English and Hindi, while tourist guides are well versed with the languages.
Permit and Passport
Tourist don't require permit for Leh, however, all foreigners are required to be registered at Drass, Rumtse and Serchu if they are travelling overland. Those traveling by air get themselves registered at airport. Tourists are required to get permit for restricted areas like Tsomoriri, Tsokar and Pangong Lakes, Dhahanu and Nubra Valley, which can be obtained from District Magistrate, Leh. We can also arrange that for you.